Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Buddy Sytem Works!!

The Buddy System


Starting to get bored with your workout routine? Grab a friend and workout together! It doesn’t matter what you do, whether it’s just walking or creating an exercise together at the gym or doing an aerobics class, bringing a friend along will motivate the two of you and make it more fun! You can giggle at the meat-heads that “lift things up and put them down” , but most importantly it will liven up your workout! You don’t have to be an athlete or super fit to show you can go that extra mile or push out that extra lunge! And you’ll have a friend by your side to motivate you to do so!

I had the chance to do just that last night when I met a friend at the gym for Spin Class and I wanted to show her some Crossfit exercises I learned. I was so proud because I’ve never seen her work so hard and it brought out a competitive, fun and motivating spirit to our workout. I mean when my friend announces “Oh no I have to fart” mid squat to the whole gym, it doesn’t get better than that! Of course I took a few steps back and had to laugh before continuing, but it’s just the little things that makes the time go by so much faster and before we knew it, we had been at the gym almost two hours!

A study by the University of Oxford in England found that exercising with friends produces more pleasure than working out alone and consequently more endorphins. More endorphins enable you to work out longer and harder!

Now keep in mind, you need to find a friend with similar goals as yours and someone that is positive. We all have THAT friend, the one that cancels all the time, the one that complains all the time and is negative about every little thing! Yeah we don’t want THAT friend to be our workout buddy, he/she can sit at home and melt in their own pot of self pity! We need the lets go out and conquer the world friends to workout with, so try grabbing a buddy tomorrow and have a Friday Friend Fitness workout! (Cheesy I know, just go with it!)

1 comment: