Friday, October 12, 2012

To all the woman out there.... we can do it!!!


To all the women out there...protect yourself!! I had a situation tonight that really made me think of how important it is for women to be able to protect themselves with strength and agility. I did a little shopping....well okay a lot.. but that's beside the point. By the time I was finished it was night time and the store was practically kicking me out. I got the "Okay lady you've done enough damage for one day so leave NOW" look  from the associates.

But as I was walking out a man was walking in wearing a hoodie. I didn't get a good look, but as I passed him I had this awful erie feeling and pure chills ran through my body. Call it paranoia or call it woman's intuition, but I just knew I needed to be very cautious walking to my car. So I did what my momma taught me, I  put my keys in between my fingers, walked fast to my car, and kept looking back to make sure no one was following me. Unlocked my car right away, jumped in and locked the door as fast as I could! Phew I was safe, maybe it was just paranoia, but better safe then sorry!

So I start my car, turn on my lights and BOOM! The man was standing right in front of my car and looked at me dead in the eyes. I just about peed myself and sped off. Could be coincidence, or he could have been eying my purse who knows! Either way it made me so proud of myself that I know I am making the right choices to gain strength and agility to protect myself! Whether or not you have a significant other or live at home by yourself, every woman should have the strength to fight back, God forbid something were to happen! If you don't have the confidence to do so now....make that choice today!
 

Checkout these stories of women who fought off attackers and survived!! They are my hero's and I pray every woman has the ability to do the same if the time comes, because WE CAN DO IT!! This is not to scare anyone, but this is the reality we live in today....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/crime-scene/post/falls-church-woman-fights-off-attacker-in-her-apartment/2012/09/10/fc0eba7e-fb73-11e1-b2af-1f7d12fe907a_blog.html

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Woman-fought-off-attacker-by-kicking-him-in-groin-161633595.html

This woman was 71 <---that's not a typo and fought her attacker to survive.
http://www.lohud.com/article/20120831/NEWS02/308310069/Rye-woman-71-who-fought-off-attacker-sure-finished-

http://www.times-georgian.com/view/full_story/17494558/article-Girl-who-fought-off-attacker-hailed-as-hero-at-school?instance=TG_home_story_offset

No comments:

Post a Comment