Sunday, November 11, 2012

Believe = Achieve

If you believe you can achieve!!!
 I have recently started on the crossfit journey. If you haven’t heard of this before just you-tube crossfit games. It is high intensity weight training and cardio combined. Let me tell you I have never been so sore, yet felt so empowered in my life! I am not affiliated with crossfit in any sort of way, just a little ole newbie member. I have tried to stay somewhat active, always had a gym membership and loved to run or bike, but when I didn’t work out I noticed I would start to feel down and depressed and it became of vicious cycle of not wanting to go to the gym because I was depressed but depressed because I was gaining weight. I was also diagnosed with lupus and not knowing for years, I just thought I was always sick and my body hated me? So since then I have really tried to improve my health a great deal not only because I want to look and feel good but because I have to for my life.

So when you leave the gym after working out pretty hard, you feel pretty good right? You know you burned off some extra calories to make up for the cake you had the day before and you feel accomplished.
But there is nothing like when you complete a WOD (workout of the Day) with Crossfit.

Last night I  had the  WOD mission of the ‘Thruster Ladder’. It’s hard to explain but the ‘thruster’ is when you have a weighted barbell, mine was 35lbs and you snatch it up to your chest, go down in to a squat and press it over your head and back down, which counts and 1 rep. The ‘ladder’ portion is when every minute equals a round and that increases and equals to how many reps you do per minute. So you start out on your first minute, you only have to do one thruster in that minute, the second round you complete two thrusters in that minute and so on until you can’t complete the required reps in a minute. Sounds easy right? Not so fast, that weight feels like a ton of bricks after just a few rounds.
I completed 16 rounds of this and on my 17th could only do 12 so that equals to 146 total thrusters with 35lb weights. (Now in crossfit world this actually isn’t a lot, but for my first time I feel very accomplished)
By the time I was on my 10th everyone else had already bailed and it was just me and the clock. But since everyone had finished I had the entire gym routing me on. It is an awesome moment when you have people you don’t even know cheering you on and motivating you to push yourself to a place you’ve never been before. Not only do you feel like the world believes in you but you believe in yourself. I am so excited to see what else I have in store and where my mind and body can take me. Bring it on, because I believe and I know I can achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment