Monday, November 26, 2012

I'm Feeling that Holiday Bulge!!!

Holiday Bulge
image
So the truth about the Holiday BULGE is- as we all know, it’s not just the two humongous holiday dinners that can feed the entire population of Indonesia, that you feel forced to eat as to not upset grandma---its the entire season! I truly believe it’s the worlds way of getting ready for winter, gotta have that extra layer of fat to keep us warm right? WRONG!

How do you avoid it? The constant boxes of OH SO YUMMY cookie assortments or gifts of pies and wine, oh the wine! My personal secret: I keep a nice meal bar around with a chocolate or peanut butter flavor and say no thank you! Even thought I’m crying inside I know that my cheat day is right around the corner, and then I can choose exactly what I want! That is what 80/20 Plan for Life is all about! And eventually they will get sick of offering, don’t feel bad as you may get some snarls or snickering, you will feel better when you stand in the mirror and those same people stuffing their faces will be jealous!

Another silly but helpful thing I like to do, when those pounds of cookies start gathering around the break room, offer them up! I know it’s bad, friends don’t let friends get fat? Wait wait these are my co-workers and I think there’s an exception to that rule with acquaintances! So I walk around the department with tin boxes (acting like I slaved away in the kitchen and made them myself) and offer them to everyone! This get’s rid of my temptation and my constant cookie stare down in the break room and I feel like I did a good deed by passively and aggressively sharing! Happy Holidays:)

No comments:

Post a Comment